Thursday 17 September 2020

Pihitia Station

On Tuesday, Moana Syndicate had a trip to Pihitia Station. At the farm there were 6 places to go: types of dairy and how they are made, drones and gadgets, shearing the sheep, meat and how it is made, sheep dogs and the machines they use on the farm.

My favourite place to go I think was they dairy because so many yummy products are made from cows, goats, sheep and deer too!  Also, it was so much fun to make butter with a fresh jar of milk. My least favourite was the meat because, I like meat but it is just horrible how it is made so I didn't watch.

An interesting thing was the drone because Norm ( the farmer) could use it to see if the water troughs were full or not and it would save him so much time walking down to each one, then if they weren't full he could go and fill them.

 I loved going to the farm and I would like to do something like that again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about