Thursday 5 August 2021

Reading Questions

This term, in our L3+ Reading group, our teacher set us questions and we would find a book, that isn't in a series, to answer them. I chose 'The Midnight Gang' by David Walliams. Here are my answers:

Midnight Gang

  1. I chose this book because it had a nice message to it and I liked other books that the author had written.

  2. If I was Tom, the main character, I would have stayed with Sally instead of leaving her on her own, and because of her illness she would want some company. 

  3. If this book was a TV show the actors I would put in it would be: Andrea Barber as Tootsie,  Candace Cameron Bure as Tom’s mum, Paris Berelc as Matron, Isabel May as Amber, Finn Carr as Tom, Elias Harger as George, Mckenna Grace as Sally and Michael Champion as Robin.

  4. The book is set in London, England.

  5. If Tom lived next door to me, yes, I would be friends because he could introduce me to the other characters.

  6. In my head, the setting looks exactly like London and I would definitely want to visit there.

  7. The two new words I learnt were 'adversary' and 'pantomime'. Adversary means opponent or rival, and pantomime means faking, like in The Midnight Gang, Tom was pretending to sleep or be in a pantomime of sleep.

  8. I think the author wrote this because he wanted kids to have a laugh and show them that, one day, your dreams will come true.

  9. I chose this book myself, but sometimes other peoples choice of books do help me change vary my choices of books to read.


4 comments:

  1. Hi, Esther I loved it the blog you answers all the question with long interesting answers. From Alice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Esther, I really like your blog because for someone who hasn't read the book yet your blog tells them everything about it. Yes I definitely agree with you that the midnight gang is a good book.Your blog reminds me of when my mum reads the book to my brother every night Good Job From Lila

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Easther, I think this blog is up to the standard. You had a topic sentence, you shared what you are learning ect. From Dune:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Easter, I think your blog is up to the standard. It has a topic sentence and it explains a lot about what you are learning. It reminds me when I heard Koka Ngaire tell you how to do it. Awesome work, from Dune😊.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about