Tuesday 10 August 2021

Olympic Booklet

 This term one of our Inquiry topic is Olympics. At the start of the term we got given booklets that the teachers printed from Kiwi Kids News. Our booklets have lot's of tasks to do with the Olympics and Paralympics. I enjoy researching and finding out new things.  How much do you know about the Olympics? 

In the booklets, we also have our favourite Kiwi Olympic athlete and Kiwi Paralympic athlete. My favourite Olympic athlete is Emma Twigg, a 34 year old that won gold in rowing at this years Olympics. My favourite Paralympic athlete is Sophie Pascoe, a 28 year old that has won nine gold medals and six silver medals in swimming. Who would be your favourite Kiwi Olympic and Paralympic athletes?

Here is what the cover looks like: 
I love working on my booklet and it makes me feel more ready for Intermediate next year with all this knowledge about the Olympics. Would you enjoy filling in a booklet like this? I know I enjoy it! 
 


2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Esther, I like how you added the name of your favorite athletes and their age. This blog post reminds me of the olympics and watching them. Are you excited for the paralympics? Before the booklet I didn't know anything at all about the olympics.-Ella.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Esther, I like how you added lots of information about your favorite athletes. Some of my favorite athletes are sophie pascoe and Emma Twigg as well. Your blog creates a picture in my head of when Emma Twigg one her first medal. Good job. From Lila

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about