Wednesday 29 September 2021

Green Gold Walk

Yesterday we went on a hikoi (walk) while the enviro people inspected our school. Our school has been working towards Green Gold for at least 7 years. Green Gold is an award for enviroschools, there is Bronze, Silver and Green Gold. Koka Rozie had organized our class to go for a walk on a farm where she rides her horses. 

We walked from school to Scarlys Way as this was where the farm was. On the farm it was very boggy and wet. At first I was a bit annoyed because we had to cross Hamanatua Stream in our shoes! But after not landing my jump across the awa, me and my friends decided to do a challenge. The challenge was when we had to walk through an awa or some mud, we couldn't complain. 

Water was running through my shoes, mud filling my shoes so much, I barely had enough room for my feet! I could hardly wait to take the soaking things off of me! Before we went back, Koka Rozie asked us what we think was a negative impact on the awa. We all agreed that a negative was the farm animals droppings that washed downstream. I also thought that a negative was when the animals would run or walk on the edge of the awa and mud and grass would build up in the stream and make it all brown and muddy.

When we got back something amazing was waiting for us, GREEN GOLD! YAY! I loved the walk, here are some photos from the day:







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about