Thursday 16 September 2021

Cross Country

 This Wednesday was School Cross Country. But because of being in Level 2, only year 4, 5 and 6 students went down. Level 2 also meant no spectators, so no parents or family were allowed to watch. I was really nervous! As we walked to the track, my heart started beating just a little bit faster. 

Year 6 girls were up first so I lined up as soon as we got there. When Koka Sue blew the whistle, the sound ricocheted in my ears. I ran as fast as I could when that whistle blew. For some reason I could taste blood. The metal taste felt like money. My asthma made it hard to breathe. 

After the race my breathing got worse. I took my asthma pump and had a drink of water. Me and my friends recreated a photo from athletics, here is the original and the recreation:


 This is the original:

Here is the recreation:

1 comment:

  1. Kia Ora, Esther. I can relate to your blog. I ALWAYS get nervous before Cross Country, so you're not the only one. I really liked the sentence, 'When Koka Sue blew the whistle, the sound ricocheted in my ears.' I really liked the way you used 'Ricocheted' and it really brings out how you take the time to extend your vocabulary in your writing. Ka Pai Esther, you did an epic job.
    Tino kino te pai!

    -Kale'a :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about