Wednesday 6 March 2019

Mum's Birthday

Saturday was my Mum's birthday.  Dad got her a necklace, earrings and a book.  Me and my brother made a card each at Nana's house with old cards.   Mum didn't like the earrings because she hadn't seen them so we had to take them back, but she liked the necklace.


Also Saturday was swimming lessons for me and Tosh so we got a spirulina and a pie afterwards. Then Mum took the earrings back and got her money back.  When Mum went to drop off the earrings she met a friend and she took Mum to a cafe because it was her birthday.


At Nana's we had a lovely dinner and one of the best cakes ever...Pear cake.  I got to sleep in Mum and Dad's bedroom on a mattress. I love my Mum!


2 comments:

  1. Nice work, Esther. Your personal voice is coming through clearly in your writing and makes me laugh. I agree, pear cake is a delicious cake.
    Great to see you are using paragraphs and typing your work.
    I wonder if you describe the pear cake using your five senses so I could almost taste it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi my name is Kane and I go To Kaniere School. I really liked it how you celebrated your mum's birthday and that was really nice of you. Do you think your mum would do what you did?.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about